What is it about?
The Marc and Nora Van Montagu Fund aims to support initiatives that promote knowledge and technology transfer in the field of plant biotechnology to developing countries and emerging economies, mainly in Sub-Saharan Africa, with a focus on green and sustainable agriculture and agro-industry.
The initiatives that can be supported by the Fund may fall under the following domains:
- Research in the field of plant biotechnology for developing countries
- Communication to the general public in developing countries for a better understanding of plant biotechnology
- Training and education in plant breeding, green biotechnology and related biosafety, for professionals in developing countries
- Building a platform for green biotechnology in Europe and transferring this knowledge to developing countries to help address specific agricultural problems
- Project development to catalyse partnerships with developing countries