Empowerment and social inclusion of older people.
Demographic changes and an increased life expectancy mean that European countries are witnessing an aging population. For a number of years, the King Baudouin Foundation has been committed to the elderly and issues that affect them, such as early and personalised care planning, palliative care and dementia. Numerous philanthropists, also concerned about the quality of life for the elderly, work at our sides.
- investigating, on a regular basis, the needs of people aged 60 and over in order to better anticipate and answer their needs
- investing in the adoption of the Tubbe model, a participatory model of management based on relationships and developed for use in care homes
- investing in the primary care and quality of life for people needing support and care at home, including the elderly
- support for the development of housing specially designed for the elderly
- in partnership with other European foundations, strengthening social inclusion of people with dementia.
Marie-Thérèse De Lava & Robert Schneider (Funds Marie-Thérèse De Lava & Robert Schneider)
Grant for research in geriatric medicine
Funds Marie-Thérèse De Lava and Robert Schneider
Grant to encourage geriatricians to develop their research career
Emergency financial aid to families affected by the floods in the municipality of Raeren, in addition to the aid granted by the government of the German-speaking Community.
Öffentliches Sozialhilfezentrum Lontzen
PCSW support for the victims of the floods (14-15 July 2021) in East Belgium.
Commune de Baelen
Financial intervention for the victims of the floods in the municipality of Baelen.
The Fund aims to improve the health and living conditions of the ageing population, with a special focus on arts projects.
Support for innovative research towards better quality of life of older people with a neurodegenerative brain disease, such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease.
Fund Manoel & Lauder Prado
The Fund aims to improve the health of disadvantaged children and to invest in the health and quality of life of older people.