Mission, vision, values
The King Baudouin Foundation is an independent and pluralist public utility foundation, which has been working to improve society for over 40 years.
The King Baudouin Foundation’s mission is to contribute to building a better society in Belgium, Europe and elsewhere in the world.
The Foundation is an actor for change and innovation, serving the public interest and increasing social cohesion. We endeavour to maximise our impact through capacity building among organisations and people who contribute to building a better society. We encourage effective philanthropy among individuals and businesses in Belgium, Europe and around the world.
Our programmes are long-term and cover a number of fields:
- Social justice and poverty
- Heritage and culture
- Social commitment
- Education and talent development
- Climate, the environment and biodiversity.
Our vision for the future is to:
- anchor our activities, at every level, in Belgium
- continue to position the King Baudouin Foundation on the European stage
- become a significant player in cross-border philanthropy internationally, thanks notably to our ‘family’ with KBFUS and KBF CANADA and through our partnership with Give2Asia.
Our key values are:
- integrity and transparency
- pluralism and independence
- respect for diversity
- promotion of solidarity.
The King Baudouin Foundation was created in 1976, to mark the 25th anniversary of King Baudouin’s reign. Her Majesty Queen Mathilde is the foundation’s current Honorary President.